What to Expect from Your Astrologer
Before your session:
- Expect your astrologer to guide you through a pre-session interview. Every astrologer works a little differently and will ask you about yourself in a different way and give you the opportunity to ask your own questions. No matter what, however, s/he will need to know your birth date, place and time. Make sure the astrologer feels right for you.
- Your astrologer is a highly trained professional who
must also be a successful businessperson in order to be there for you. As with
other professionals who provide services rather than products, "time is money."
Astrologers need to do work to prepare for your session. Therefore, expect to
pay a fair price for those services, including the preparation time. Your
astrologer deserves it, and so do you, in terms of the rewards you will reap!
Ask about your astrologer's fees.
- Expect to make an appointment to speak with your astrologer. No situation benefits from a panic approach, and your astrologer will need time to prepare for your session and to fit you into his/her schedule.
- When you set an appointment, your astrologer sets aside
his or her time just for you. Please honor that commitment by being prompt in
keeping your appointment and canceling well in advance if you cannot keep it.
Ask about your astrologer's late and cancellation policy.
During your session:
- Don't expect your astrologer to tell you what to do or
what will happen. Astrology sets a frame for our action, but it doesn't dictate
what we do. We have complete free will to do what we will with the energies of
the planets as they interact, if we understand them. However, if we don't, we
are more likely to feel less satisfied with the result. By exploring the
energies that we will contact, we can meet the challenges they present and use
them to find fulfillment.
- Allow yourself to be open. An open attitude will allow
your astrologer to work with you. Many people feel as if their own talking is a
waste of time in the session; however, dialogue helps the astrologer to know how
you are living your chart at this time, since there are so many creative
variations of how a chart can be expressed.
- Expect your astrologer to keep the details of your
interaction in strict confidence. Although it takes time to build trust, this
ethic of confidentiality may help you feel more comfortable about opening up to
After your session:
- A successful session with your astrologer will leave you
feeling more centered and aware of yourself. You may not feel "better" (as if
your problems have been solved), and you may not know any more about the future
than you did before your session, but you are likely to feel better equipped to
face it. However, no matter what your feelings as you leave, your life will be
enriched if you will consider carefully what has passed between you and your
- Don't expect your session to "solve all your problems." Life is a process, and new potentials and challenges can arise at any moment. Feel free to schedule follow-up sessions to further clarify matters. You may do this at the time of your current session or later, when it becomes clear to you that this is what you want.
- Although an astrologer's knowledge can at times seem fantastic, s/he is only an advisor. As with any advisor, you are the person who must make the final decision about any actions you take and bear the responsibility for those actions. Look for a "resonance" inside to those ideas which fit with who you are. This is a sign that they speak to the clear place within you and are true to your divine nature. Sometimes an astrologer's guidance is only a springboard for your own thought processes and decisions which arise from them once you leave the office.
To find out more about astrological services, click here.